Friday, May 26, 2006

Strange 5th Grade Teacher

Back in fifth grade, my teacher took a day to explain to us about manners and life and all that other junk. It all started with how she wanted us to say good-bye to her before we left for our buses, and then she just got into it and went on about other manners that mattered, and she started talking about our futures and how manners will affect them, and she went on and on. She talked about dating- in fifth grade!- and how she thought it was crazy for fifth graders to be like that (go her!) because they are so young. She said a lot of things about respect and love and friendship and...just the things that would be really cool if teachers actually taught that stuff. I think I'm the way I am partly because of her (partly, key word) because she had said "Stay a kid as long as you can, you only get to be one once". And that's basically the philosophy I try to live up to. I'm not saying I would've been really different if she hadn't said something, but i think that helped. It was, although crazy and random, probably the best day of school, teaching wise, that I've ever had.

This memory probably doesn't seem important to anybody here, but it's something I'm never going to forget.

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Miles C. said...

You're BOTH weird...

 
At May 30, 2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Tim Parenti said...

Gosh, why do you put up with comments like that?

Oh, that's right... never mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home