Thursday, May 11, 2006

Definitely a Dream

I remember every detail, so vividly, that there's no way it could be fake. But it was.

Alli and I were having a lot of problems dealing with eachother around the age of 6. Our mom decided to split us up. At least for a week or so. I would go to our stepdad's mom's house, and Alli would stay with Mommy. When we were about to seperate, my mom took a photo of each of us, and gave us the picture of the other. I remember sitting on the chair getting my picture taken. I remember holding a teddy bear. I remember smiling and I remember crying when Alli left. I remember that one day only, even though we said it was going to be a week. To me, this was an actual memory for many years, until Alli and I were having horrible fights again. I suggested for us to seperate again, like we did before. Mommy said that we've never split. Ever. So the story is obviously false. But then why do I remember it so well?

2 Comments:

At May 12, 2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Tim Parenti said...

Dreams can be like that, I guess. Memories can be faulty.

 
At May 13, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Tim Parenti said...

Dreams are like that. Some of my most vivid "memories" are actually dreams. It's kind of weird...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home